Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The December Holidays

During the holidays, I have spent a whole lot of free time alone as both my parents of my parents had gone for work early in the morning. In the days with no special events,I would be awake around 10am, have a light breakfast before beginning to check my game profiles. It will be another two hours of gaming before everything seemed dull and bored . Game console, computer games, television – none of it really interest me. I could not be bothered with my homework and just stared into the air.


My stomach started growling since it was three hours after I had breakfast .Even though my mom had gave me money to buy takeaways but I want to try to cook. I started recalling of the cooking in the Home Economics class and times when I assist my mom while she cooks. Fried Rice -that will be the first dish that I will be cooking alone . This is not as easy as I expected because I have to handle with knives and open flames. My first dish was finally finished and unexpectedly, it tasted awesome except that it is a bit tasteless.

In leisure time, I began to learn to cook more types of food like sandwiches and burgers. Through the process, there are many successes and failures but I kept trying. In my memory, there is once whereby I got real scared when I burnt the cookies I baked and cause a short circuit. Of course, there were accidents like getting cuts and more severely ,burns that might take weeks to recuperate.

Sometimes ,my parents were protective and advised me to stop after I have injured myself but I insisted on continuing. Soon the school reopened and I have no extra time for cooking. Overall I gain experience of the culinary skills , learnt to be independent and understood the meaning of Nil Sine Labore .

No comments:

Post a Comment