Sunday, January 24, 2010

Family Outing


Although I have shared many weekends with my family, the things I did the week before was very meaningful and memorable. That day, we leave after having breakfast and I was enthusiastic for the upcoming trip to the Science Center. We reached the center an hour later and waited unpatiently to purchase the tickets. Finally, we received our tickets and as we entered, I grabbed a copy of the map. After a brief read, I understood the enormous size of the center and was mentally prepared not to be able to view all the experiments and exhibits.
    Even though there are many interesting exhibitions but there is three shows/exhibits whereby it affects and interest my most. For the first show,We were just in time to catch the “climate change” show which was narrated by a pessimistic sheep and explains how Global Warming affected them including floods,drought and a shortage of food. The shows allows you to get engage by using water droplets and flashes of light to resemble rain and lightning. Another advantage of the show is that there is 3D figures of the globe and the sheep  next to the screen . All in all,this show teaches me the effects and conseqences of Global warming.
    Next,as I proceeded on to the next level ,I entered the human body section. 3D model of the different types of joints ,new machines like blood pressure measurer and enlarged version of the different organs helps me to explore the limits and uses of the different organs. Lastly, I arrived at the newly introduced”Technology”department which is equally interesting .There is all types of new and upcoming gadgets ranging from a sensor game console to an computerized work organizer. There is also a specially allocated room give us  an overview of the new technology.
    It was the end to our journey and was time for us to leave despite the fact that I was reluctant to leave .We had dinner in a nearby food court before heading back home. It was a truly an eyeopening trip for me to understand the advancement of modern science and technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment